Celebrate Father’s Day in style at our highly acclaimed Scampagnata picnic, set for June 16th 2024. Embracing tradition and community spirit, this flagship event is a jewel in the crown of our calendar, resonating with cherished memories for many who have fond recollections of it from their own childhoods.
Join us in Abergavenny for a day that promises to be a spectacular family affair. No prior attendance at an AVC event is required – everyone is warmly welcomed. Set up your camp for the day, and feel free to bring all the necessary equipment for a memorable day out. When it comes to your picnic spread, we believe the bigger, the better!
The Scampagnata is a true family extravaganza, offering a range of activities that cater to all ages:
- Engage in children’s games that will fill the day with laughter and joy.
- Bounce around on the lively castle for endless fun.
- Test your strength and teamwork in a spirited game of Tug-o-War.
- Showcase your skills in the Bocce tournament, a highlight of the day.
- Anticipate winning exciting raffle prizes, adding an extra layer of excitement to the festivities.
This event is not just about the present; it’s about creating lasting memories for new generations and ensuring the Welsh-Italian community thrives for years to come. Join us for a day of laughter, games, and shared moments as we keep the spirit of the Scampagnata alive and well in our vibrant community.
Date: 16th June 2024
Gates open: 09:30
Bocce: registration 12:00, first round 13:00 ’til late
Price: £8 per person (under 12’s free)
Location: St Michael’s Centre, Abergavenny
Food and drink: Bring your own picnic – the bigger the better!
Facebook event: Find the Facebook event here
Tickets: There is no need to book tickets, just turn up and pay on the gate.
THE PLAN FOR THE DAY
For those familiar with our event, the plan remains unchanged from previous years. If you’re new or in need of a refresher…
- Upon arrival, kindly pay the committee member at the gate before selecting your parking (and picnic) spot for the day in the field.
- Feel free to set up your camp as you wish – picnic tables, gazebos, and garden umbrellas are all acceptable.
- Food and drink are open to your preferences, and if you opt for a BBQ, please ensure it is lit and maintained safely. Please do not place BBQ’s directly onto the ground as you may scorch the grass.
- Listen for announcements about bocce and other events through the loudspeaker.
- Unfortunately, dogs will not be permitted in the field.
- Please remember to park close together, we want to make sure there’s room for everyone!
- Finally, when you leave, please take all litter with you.